Well, BLÜME friends, we’ve been home from the Big Smoke for three days now and we must say, as much as we love being back with our families and focusing on our Indiegogo campaign, we sure are missing Las Vegas and the smoke-filled air of The Mirage.
We arrived on Friday evening in a rental car – but not just any rental car – a little red corvette (cue Prince).
Arriving at The Mirage in style wasn’t even the highlight of Night One. We received our promised 25 complementary cigars, and then some! We ended up with 39 each by the end of the night, which will (hopefully) last us a long time! We’re looking forward to aging these beauties with the help of BLÜME.
Here’s a list of what we received:
- Aging Room – Solera Dominican Sun Grown
- AJ Fernandez – Bellas Artes
- Alec Bradley – Sanctum Robusto
- Arturo Fuente – Rosado Gran Reserva
- Ashton – La Aroma De Cuba
- Bombay Tobak – Gaaja
- CAO – Flathead V660
- Casa Turrent – Serie 1901
- Cornelius & Anthony – Daddy Mac Corna Gorda
- Diamond Crown – Diamond Crown Robusto
- Diamond Crown – Julius Caesar
- Don Pepin Garcia – Series JJ
- Drew Estate – Herrera Estelí Norteño
- Drew Estate – Herrera Estelí Nicaragua
- P. Carrillo – INCH Natural
- El Galan – Dona Nieves
- Espinosa – Laranja Reserva
- FTC – Time Flies Silver
- Upmann – Yarguera
- Joya – Black
- La Flor Dominicana – Ligero
- La Gloria Cubana – Serie R Estli Maduro
- La Gran Llave – Reserva
- La Palina – Oscuro
- Macanudo – Inspirado Orange
- Nat Cicco – HHB Super Premium
- Nat Cicco – HHB Gold 50th Anniversary
- Nat Sherman – 1930
- Nat Sherman – Epoca Prince
- Olivia – O Serie
- Padron – Damaso Red Label No.32
- Padron – Padron 2000
- Plasenca – Reserva Organica Robusto
- Por Larranaga – Churchill
- Quesada – Oktoberfest 2016 Kugel
- Rocky Patel – Royale
- Studio Tobac – Nub Connecticut 460
- Tabacalera El Artista – Pulita Aniversario
- Tabacalera El Artista – David Ortiz Big Papi
- Tabacalera Palma – La Galera Maduro
- Tatuaje – Reserva
- Ventura – Archetype
- Victor Calvo – VC Connecticut
- Victor Calvo – Gold
How’s that for a haul? A very special thanks to all the manufacturers who took the time to say hello and share their story with us. We felt humbled in their presence, and look forward to helping cigar lovers all over the world optimize the cigars that they work so hard to create.
So far, we’ve tried the Padron 2000, Rocky Patel Royal, and the Bombay Tobak Gaaja. All were remarkably different, and very enjoyable in their own right. Stay tuned to see these, and others, in upcoming Cigar of the Week reviews!
The rest of the weekend was spent talking cigars with many enthusiasts and manufacturers. It was an amazing opportunity to have so many supporters of this craft and pastime in one place. With so much to do in Las Vegas, it was hard to decide when to schedule some rest! We’re looking forward to next year’s event, and have already started planning our agenda.
Of course, next year would be so much better with some production units of BLÜME, but we need to hit our crowdfunding target before we can get to that point. Please help us reach our $60,000 goal – it’s the only way we can get BLÜME out to the amazing cigar smokers we met at Big Smoke and beyond! Contribute today on Indiegogo.